LG Qualcomm Based Phones Flashing / Upgrading / Debranding Tutorial
Phones based on Qualcomm platform are flashed with LGMDP, LGDP1, LGDP2
etc. Several updates came for these flashers.You need the USB cable,
UART flashing not supported for this platform.
Flashing with LGMDP:
1. Install LG United Modem Driver, connect the phone to PC through USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
2. Open LGMDP soft, click on the Select Port, new window will pop
up.Your phone model and firmware version will be showed up there, if the
phone is supported with that LGMDP version it will be automatically
ticked on the checkbox. Now click Connect.
3. A new window will pop up for firmware selection. Browse and select
your firmware folder in the Select Image box, all files will be
automatically selected. You can change any certain file from the browse
button. If you are using a DZ firmware click DZ button on the right
lower corner of the window and and select that.
4. Select data handling option:
NV Backup/Restore: NV Backup/Restore always have to be done, and it is
default selected option. Backup the NV data and restore the backed up NV
Reset database & Contents: User related data including the setting
data on the EFS is reset in the handset. The contents in the handset
will be erased.
Erase_EFS: The calibration data, user contents, media, and module will
be erased. Only calibration data is kept when NV backup/restore is
Keep All Contents: No user data will be erased.
* Now click Start and relax.
Emergency Download Mode: Qualcomm phones support a special mode named
emergency download mode. In this mode, minimum units for downloading is
occured so that users can download the images again in case of emergency
situation. AMSS Modem, Media and Module Images won't be flashed in this
mode. You may need it when the phones not power on
normally/incrorrectly flashed earlier etc.
Flashing with LGDP2:
1. Downlaod LGDP2 V36 UMTS Setup and extract, go to
LGDP2_31_INCLUDE_LGDP1_Setup folder and install the exe (use serial
number). Now copy all the files from DOWNLOAD folder and paste on
C:\DOWNLOAD (overwrite if needed).
2. Install LG United Modem Driver, connect the phone to PC through USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
3. You'll need firmware in DZ format and the correct DLL for your model.
4. Open LGDP2_V36_UMTS (for example) from C:\DOWNLOAD, select UMTS in Division and click OK.
5. Select port (check Device Manager for LG USBModem Port number),
you can set a range from easy select or select manually. Select DLL and
select firmware in Downlaod Configuration. Click OK.
6. Click START in main window and connect the phone in Emergency download mode.
LG Qualcomm Based Phones:
Qualcomm: BL20, BL20e, BL20GO, BL20T, BL20V, BL40, BL40e, BL40f, BL40g,
BL42k, CB630, CT810, CT815, CU405, CU500, CU500V, CU515, CU575, CU720,
CU915, CU920, GD570, GD570AQ, GD880, GD880f, GD880g, GM630, GM730,
GM730e, GM735, GM750, GM750h, GM750n, GM750Q, GR700, GS505, GT540,
GT540f, GT540g, GT540GO, GT540R, GT950, GU280, GU280f, GU285, GU285f,
GU285g, GU290, GU290v, GU292, GU295, GU295g, GW620, GW620f, GW620g,
GW620R, GW820, GW825, GW825v, HB620, HB620T, KB620, KB770, KB775f,
KC910, KC910e, KC910i, KC910Q, KC910Qa, KE990, KE990c, KE990d, KE998,
KF310, KF311, KF390, KF390Q, KF690, KF700, KF701, KT610, KT615, KU250,
KU310, KU311, KU380, KU385, KU450, KU800, KU950, KU970, KU990, KU990GO,
KU990i, KU990R, TU500, TU515, TU720, U250, U300, U300c, U310, U310c,
U370, U450, U830, U880, U890, U900,U960, U990
DOWNLOAD LG FIRMWARE:
Everywhere in this LG section, for example
Latest Lg Firmware Share & Request Here
LG New Flash Files Download Here
LG Arabic Firmwares Download Here
DOWNLOAD LG United Modem Driver:
DOWNLOAD LGDP2 V36 UMTS Setup: